Joel Rees wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:11:11PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[ ... ]
I would think that NFS would be a better choice between two Unix
systems than Samba.

To which I might add that netatalk would seem to me to be a better
option than Samba if the only client is a Mac.

But then I've never done netatalk on freeBSD.

NFS is an entirely reasonable choice for filesharing against OS X; netatalk would be a comparitively better choice for MacOS 9 and previous versions. People who have laptops or other network roaming environments will probably prefer Samba. [How's that for providing a fair slant on what each protocol is well-suited for? :-)]

--
-Chuck