Hi,

I use the bash shell and wanted to change the prompt and some aliases to use the gnu color ls, so I copied .shrc to .bash_profile and edited it accordingly. I also added java to the PATH in .profile. At first this didn't work when using the gnome terminal until I realised I had to change it to use a login shell. For a short time everything was fine but now .profile is completely ignored and when I start cvsup under gnome the text version and not the gui is used. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I'm using gdm.

The second problem I'm having is probably not related to the first. I have a Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128 and compiled a custom kernel where I added device pcm and removed some stuff I dont need. The first few times the sound worked fine but now sometimes there are no mixer vol or pcm devices and when I reboot they are sometimes there again and sometimes I have to reboot several times before sound works again.

Also could anyone help me compile and use the acx100 driver at http://acx100.sourceforge.net ? I didn't find a binary driver for FreeBSD and was unable to compile it myself.

I should probably mention that I'm using FreeBSD 5.1 on an athlon-xp.

Thanks in advance,

Simon Adameit