Joseph Lewis wrote:
Is there a reason that none of the release people want to include any of the
default dist files?  I work on a few machines online all the time, and also
one or two offline.  But that just means that I have to take a chance of
missing a prerequisite when I download a port file.  Why not just include the
common ones on the CD like used to be done?  (Such as Apache, DHCPD, etc)

You might try burning /usr/ports/distfiles to a CD, possibly with /usr/ports/packages. A more interesting question would be to figure out how to identify and cache ~600 MB worth of distfiles and keep that up-to-date over time....

--
-Chuck