hi List,

I'm running fbsd 4.7 in a jail environment.  I am unable to run the
following commands (so far) uptime, w, ps.  I get the message 'bad
namelist'   I did some googling and found some responses from about 2
years ago stating incomplete upgrade.  This was not the case, there has
been no update.

%w
w: bad namelist
%w -n
w: bad namelist
%uptime
uptime: bad namelist
%ps
ps: bad namelist
%ps auxwwww
ps: bad namelist

FreeBSD inton.Ninja-assassin.com 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Thu
Feb  6 22:32:38 PST 2003
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/compile/47  i386

Any suggestions on things to look at?   Reboot has not helped.