I had a similar problem, could get through all the install options till it
started to put the actual files on the HDD, then it complained the disc in
the CDROM was either an invalid disk or audio disk.

My fix was to use another drive :o) the original drive worked fine once the
OS was installed, only ever happened on FreeBSD 4.4X

Regards,

Kat.
---