Please send replies directly to me as I do not have time to check the list as often as I would like..

Currently, it appears that some passwords on my system are DES, most are MD5. I found the following below recently, a suggestion to switch to blowfish. I am down with that! If I change the following (as shown below) in /etc/login.conf, will the system still decrypt the old DES and MD5 entries, ie. nothing will break in this regard?

:passwd_format=blf:\

# change the password encryption to Blowfish instead of the default md5

Thanks,

Kris