In the last episode (Jul 16), Chuck Swiger said:
> BSD baby wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > Though I found a scripting way to do it with PHP, I'm wondering if
> > there's a more direct way to do it with basic GNU/BSD commands.
>
> GNU split will take options related to size/byte counts, rather than
> just ASCII lines.

... as will any other POSIX-conforming split, including FreeBSD's.  But
you need more than that because wav files have a header that you'll
have to duplicate onto each output file.  You can use the sox port to
convert the wav file into a raw pcm file that can be split up, then
convert the pieces back to wavs with sox again.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]