You can set the protocol to MouseManPlusPS/2 in /etc/X11/XF86Config file. It might
actually make your mouse work.

 --- On Fri 07/18, Daryl Hunt < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
From: Daryl Hunt [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:34:12 -0600
Subject: I hate meeses to pieces

I am an extreme newbie at FreeBSD.  I have it installed but when I go into<br>the
Xserver in either of the two GUIs I get a weird mouse that seems to only<br>be able to
stay on the very top of the screen and has no vertical movement.<br><br>I have it
setup on Auto and PS/2 Busmouse settings.  It works when the<br>config is run from the
command line but it blows up like I described upon<br>entering the GUI (i.e.
unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"<br>