Hi!

I am trying to set up a printer server
(SAMBA 2.2.8 package on 4.8 -RELEASE, printer is a Kyocera
FS-3700+ laser printer) which should be accessible from Win2000
and WinNT4 workstations _without_ any authentication.

These are the steps I have taken so far:

1. I used apsfilter to make the kyocera work locally as a
   postscript-printer called lp .
2. (Sorry - stupid me forgot to bring home a copy of smb.cfg over
    the weekend)
   I edited smb.cfg so that the printer-server and lp itself can
   be seen in Windows' network enviroment, i.e. I set
   security = share
   and put up a share called
   [printers]
     browseable = yes
     path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
     read only = yes
     printable = yes
     guest ok = yes
   and I
   # chmod -R 4777 /var/spool/lpd/lp
3. I used windows' printer setup to install the kyocera driver
   for lp
4. When I try to print something, everything looks fine from the
   client side and I can see some blinking of the
   printer-server's LED's but nothing more happens.
   The windows printer queue stays empty, no files are created in
   /var/spool/lpd/lp

Any ideas, what could be done next?

Uli.