You want KAME (http://www.kame.net). It is in 4.x. RACCOON is just
the key management/exchange component of KAME.

IPSEC (read the RFCs) is your best bet for inter-platform vpn connections.
There are a number of FreeBSD implementations, although kame is probably
your best bet for connecting to FreeSWAN/Cisco/CheckPoint/whatever.

I'd be happy to give you some tips on setting it up if you have specific
questions.

Cheers,

-John

Michael Bretterklieber wrote: