On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:09 am, Dragoncrest wrote:
> Hi all.  I've got a server that keeps advancing it's local time by about
> a minute every 3-4 days and I'm curious what steps I need to do to
> syncronize the time with a given server so that it doesn't keep
> advancing like this?  I know I saw it mentioned at one time but now I
> can't remember.  Many thanks.

> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

See this site also http://www.ntp.org/
This is something that trapped me for a while.  Might save some time for you
when it goes south

"The only other thing worth mentioning is that the restrict declarations apply
to packets from all hosts, including those that are configured elsewhere in
the configuration file and even including your clock pseudopeer(s), if any.
Hence, if you specify a default set of restrictions which you don't wish to
be applied to your configured peers, you must remove those restrictions for
the configured peers with additional restrict declarations mentioning each
peer separately."

Remember to allow ntp packets throught your firewall.