From: "Peter Rosa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 7:46 AM
Subject: System hack ?!

> Greetings to every FreeBSD fan.
>
> Is anybody out there who can help me with this problem ?
>
> I have FreeBSD 4.3 acting as a gateway to I-net and mailserver. In
/etc/periodic are standard scripts, which send statistics to roots's mail
every morning. Dated from April 24, 2003, 04:03 AM (standard time, when
these scripts are running) there ara comming lines as follows:

> Checking for passwordless accounts:
> [: 0: unexpected operator
>
> The bad one is only the second line (unexpected operator), because till
April 19 all worked well.

> Can you tell me, why it started from April 20, and what goes wrong ? I
think, it is an error of awk or sed, but I checked their access/modified
dates, and they seem to be the same as the rest of system. I think the hack
is probably not the problem (?!?!?!). May be it is some automated
actualisation, but I should know about it, don't I ?