FreeBSD 4.8 is very stable. 5.x has some problems. (its new)

Sendmail works fine in FreeBSD 4.8. Named is considered insecure because people use it. If you pick another product to be "safe", make sure no one uses it. Any suggestion on this list would be to popular to be "safe". As I said in my last email, people find holes in popular software more often because they are looking.

If you keep your software up to date, you are "safe" from named or sendmail exploits. This is true on all platforms and will remain true. (well ok microsoft doesn't fix everything)

Lucas Holt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)