On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 12:53, Per Nilsson wrote:
> Hi..
> My name is Per, and I have a problem. I wanna use my p3 2,4 as workstation
> running under FreeBSD 5.1, but I cant get my videocard working.. The card
> type is : ATI radeon 9700 TX

Could you be more specific or post the contents of your XFree86 log
somewhere?

You should be using XFree86 4.3.0 if you want the 9700 to work.
You should also be using the "radeon" driver.
In my case, I also had to override the chipid using:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Radeon 9800 Pro"
    Driver      "radeon"
    VideoRam    131072
    ChipID      0x4e46
    # ChipRev
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

--
Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://drevil.warpcore.org/