Hello,

I am having some issues installing FreeBSD (4.8 and 5.1) onto a server which has
a SCSI HostRAID (http://www.intel.com/design/servers/se7501wv2/index.htm) mirror
partition setup.

FreeBSD 4.8>  manages to get the installation menu, after choosing standard
installation - reports no hard drives found.

FreeBSD 5.1>  halts at first menu (Probing devices) then errors - reports write
failure, hard disc full and begins rebooting process.

I managed to catch a glipse at load time which reports finding the host adapter
but has (Driver not attached) next to it.

After a bit of searching I found that this device is supported and uses the
'ahd' driver, I attempted to load this driver at boot time (and others) 'load
ahd' but to no avail.

I also noted this pr (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=51970) for
4.8-REL dated May 8th 2003.

Basically I would like to know whether it is possible to use this configuration
at present preferably on FreeBSD 5.1, or if not, would appreciate an alternative
to this, perhaps software RAID?

Thanks in advance, please let me know if any more information is required.

Regards,
Nigel.