On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:03:17PM +0000, DanB wrote:
> When I try to use locate on  my  new box I get this below. What do I
> need to do to make it work?

When you first install the box, the script that generates the locatedb does
not run.  You can either wait until the first weekly periodic run, or
execute it manually:

# /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \