If you want a simple imapd, then visit
http://www.washington.edu/imap/

There is no config file. You just copy it to /usr/local/libexec/imapd
after you compile it. If you want ssl or imapd, you add it to the make file.

I'm sure its in ports somewhere too.

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 04:43 PM, David Banning wrote:

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:55:18PM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
At 2003-07-26T17:46:44Z, David Banning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I am attempting to run squirrelmail and during login it is
attempting to run;

inetd[20151]: cannot execute /usr/local/libexec/imapd

what exactly is missing here?

Smart-aleck answer: "Why, imap!"

Anyway, how did you install Squirrelmail? Manually or via ports?

Do you have an IMAP daemon installed?

No. I am in the process of installing Cyrus-imapd but it seems very complicated. Especially when you consider openwebmail just installs and runs, without out any imap requirement, seemingly.

Is there anyway around this long and complicated syrus imap install?
Maybe a smaller simpler one?

Lucas Holt [EMAIL PROTECTED] ________________________________________________________ FoolishGames.com (Jewel Fan Site) JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)