Thanjee Neefam wrote:

I am considering buying a new laptop (my current one is a Dell Inspiron PII-233 without a CD Drive (it broke :( ))

I just simply want to know if there is a particluar range of laptops that work better with FreeBSD. ie: they use totally standard quality hardware, no panic on installs, also good value for money.

I have had all good experiences with my Dell Inspiron regarding FreeBSD,
but the time has come to improve my hardware.

Cheers :)
/////////// [EMAIL PROTECTED] \\\\\\\\\\\
AAFE Audio, Amiga and FreeBSD Enthusiast :p
\\\\\\\\\ http://www.fastmail.fm //////////

Ive been using a Dell Latitude C840 for 6 or so months now, and Ive had very little if any problems with it.
Onboard nic works great, PCMCIA is no problem, sound and graphics in X worked on first try, even the dockingstation and its extra connections works great under FreeBSD. The only thing I havent tried is the onboard modem. It might work, I just never tried since I havent had any use for it.
The Latitude is one of Dell's top modells, so you could easily find a cheaper laptop. However, if you dont mind paying a few extra bucks, its worth it.