The only real concern is if you are using cisco routers in this equation. If
so, make sure you enable ip-subnet-zero in the config.

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Supote
Leelasupphakorn
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 5:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can I subnet my network like this ?

Hi, all

   I would like to verify my knowledge
by building the network like below but not
sure whether it's impossible for subnetting
like this - say, from Gateway no2, is divided
to 172.16.0.0/16 and 172.17.0.0/16 subnet.

   I heard that it isn't recommend or
impossible (not sure again) to use FIRST or
LAST subnet in the allocated IP address pool,
is it?

  Section no.1 is existed and I own the Gateway no.2.
My plan is enable NAT on it by following the
instruction in FreeBSD handbook. Any comments are
welcome.

  |---------------|                        |
  | Gateway no.1  |                        | section 1
  |---------------|                        |
       | if_2 = 10.0.0.1                   |
       |                                 ----
       | if_1 = 10.0.0.254                 |