[I'm copying -fs because this was originally posted
there. I'm also CC'ing -questions.]

  # mount -t ext2fs /dev/acd1c /mnt/cdrom
  ext2fs: /dev/acd1c: No such file or directory

The CD was burned (on a linux machine), as follows:
1. dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/cdimage bs=1024 count=640k
2. mkfs /tmp/cdimage, mount -t ext2 -o loop /tmp/cdimage /mnt/cdimge
3. rsync --archive /my/data /mnt/cdimage
4. umount /mnt/cdimage
5. cdrecord -data /tmp/cdimage

Since I did not create any partitions, would there be
an ad0c? Also, the FreeBSD install CD mounts fine with
/dev/ad0.

Thanks for the quick response,
Satish Vanimisetti