[Marc Wiz wrote ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 8/1/03 12:51 PM]

>>> What kind of bandwidth do your users have? e.g., right now I am using
>>> emacs over ssh to a friends box, where the limiting bandwidth is
>>> 128kbits/s (that's the upstream dsl on the remote end.), and I
>>> find it usable. However if your users will be comming in via
>>> modem, IMO, modern emacs is no longer usable over modem (though
>>> older emmacs were).
>>
>> bandwidth is good, 100Mbps etc.
>>
>> i guess i'm looking for something with decent features but that will not use
>> up a lot of RAM or processor.
>>

> What do you consider a lot of RAM or processor?

more than a few MB per session.

> It amazes me how people used to berate emacs for it's use of resources
> yet it does one heck of a lot stuff especially considering the
> amount of resources a web browser takes.

i'm not berating it, just trying to make a decision.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ ICQ: 51907738