Hallo [EMAIL PROTECTED],

> that was my first post about the problem: "IBM xSeries 345 freezes after 15
> min.
> (4.8, 5.0, 5.1, current)".
>
> I can't believe it, the Vortex SCSI controller is the problem. RAID 0, 1, 10
> runs perfect, RAID 4 and 5 (which I need) kills my server after 15 min.
> That's hard, because this is the 2. controller which will not run with FreeBSD

Do you use the buildin driver from FreeBSD iir?
Have you deactivated  the kernal module iir or icp?

I had no prioblem with vortex controlers so far.
Maybe you need a firmware upgrade?

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]