On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Rus Foster wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm trying to work out a good way of stopping one process flooding the
> I/O. Basically I have a multuple user machine and would like to try to
> stop one person taking it down...

Hi!

You will basically use login.conf to put user in user classes (set via
chpass $USER) and then restrict the number of simultaneous processes as
the simple way to do it. You can also limit the total CPU time a user is
allowed to handle.

But then you'd also have to look for processes that are allowed to run
as root...

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,