On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:14:11 +0800
"Nasharuddin Zainal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> pls give me info how to configure my pc for connecting to internet. i've my own ip,
> gateway and dns address. pls reply as soon as possible...
You have your IP, Gateway & DNS Address...LET ME ASSUME THAT WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT TO
THE INTERNET USING YOUR LAN...IF NOT...I AM SORRY BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR OTHERS
WHO ARE NOT NEWBIE'S LIKE ME...IF SO you can read below and follow what I did...please
take NOTE that...
I am a newbie to FreeBSD and I am only assuming that you have the above conditions and
I am only sharing what I did to my System...I saw your Email...and I thought I would
give it try in helping others because I have also been helped a lot by other many
people here in this Community...
Please remember that I am a newbie and I have installed the FreeBSD 5.1R...if you
installed the FreeBSD 4.X stable then I do not know if my suggestions below will
First try this one:
1) su to be root
2) /usr/sbin/sysinstall (Sysintall Main Menu will come up)
3) the choose Configure Do post-install configuration of FreeBSD
4) then choose Networking Configure additional network services
5) then choose Interfaces Configure additional network interfaces
6) Your LAN Device should show-up and you then can configure your PC to connect to the
Internet through your LAN...
I hope this will work...if not please wait for the response of the experts...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"