Have the Gimp installed? It'll acquire a screen shot and allow you to edit it if you need.

I don't think it has a command line screen dump though if you are doing it remotely?

stan wrote:

I need a few screen dumps to include in a bit of documentation for some of
my FreeBSD systems.

Sugestions as to an easy way to get these from my X sesion would be
appreciated.

I have used xgrab in the past, but while the port builds, and the front end
runs fine, the back end (xgrabsc) just core dumps on a recent STABLE build
:-(

I'm remebering xwd, but i cna remeber how to convert it's, output to
something useful.