I'm trying to set up vnc on a STABLE machine.

I've built tightvnc from the ports, and run vncpassword to create a
password. Then I run vncserver as teh user whose session I wish to see on
my remote machine.

I'm then able to connect ucing vncviewer on the remote machne, but
unfortunately I get a light gray bacground with a single xterm in the upper
left hand corber. What can I do to ake it honor the .xinitrc file?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin