On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Raphaël Marmier wrote:

> I'll give a try on a Smart Array 532 with FBSD 5.1 as soon as I can
> (days or weeks). It is working fine with 4.8 now.
>
> Raphael

Hi!

Generally the compq smartarrays are supported.

But due to quite poor ACPI in the newer machines, 5.x is no fun there.
(Typing this on a compaq evo N610c  notebook with 4.8-stable, also no
fun with acpi etc)

Which exact Compaq box  / generation do you have?

On 360/380 G3 there are some reports that ACPI etc. is broken with 5.x

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,