First and foremost great job in using newegg for hardware. They provide excellent service. I shop there all the time for my hardware needs :-) . Next for a motherboard, I would recommend the Shuttle AK38N motherboard. Shuttle makes some very good motherboard. The performance is rock solid. You can check out the reviews on the particular motherboard I recommended at newegg. Not to mention with this motherboard you do not need to worry about purchasing a NIC card, because it's built in and FreeBSD will recognize the onboard NIC. I would recommend you get a better heatsink fan. Artic Silver 3 and Thermaltake Volcano 7 would be a good start.