Place a line in your ppp.conf file that looks like this:

enable dns

At 09:38 PM 8/6/2003 +0530, you wrote:
From: Jon-Eirik Pettersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Are you running KDE as root?

You can add DNS-servers manually to /etc/resolv.conf like:
nameserver 62.101.193.44
nameserver 217.118.32.13

The problem is I don't know my ISP's nameservers. They come to me dynamically. On WInXP it works fine. But on FreeBSD I don't know how to make that happen. Also can I connect/configure kppp using non-root user just like in Linux which asks for root password and takes care of the rest?

Try this if you dont get KPPP to work: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/userppp.html

Peter Elsner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator) 1835 S. Carrier Parkway Grand Prairie, Texas 75051 (972) 263-2080 - Voice (972) 263-2082 - Fax (972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone