Respected Sir,

I am Bimal Patel from Ahmedabad/India. I've downloaded FreeBSD 4.8-stable version from the web site www.freeBSD.org. I've installed the specified OS to my computer also. But now the OS is not detecting my modem. My modem is of type HSF SoftModem from Conexant. I think the installed system needs the proper driver to be installed.

For that purpose, I've searched through internet. But I didn't find any drivers for FreeBSD. Basically such drivers can be downloaded from www.linuxant.com, but the problem is the file which www.linuxant.com provides is having RPM format. One more file is there with having TAR format. At the moment I am confused, which file I should download. Can you guide me properly?

If possible can you provide me the URL from where I can download such drivers? It is very important for me to start the modem service on FreeBSD. So, I am expecting a prompt reply from your side.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

Bimal Patel.