I'm stumped. Running 4.8-RELEASE #9 I try to perform a traceroute to my
ISP's gateway and I get nothing returned past my LAN gateway which is a
NetGear Cable/DSL wireless Router model-MR814. But when I change hard
drives and start-up the same box with Windows-2000 Server all traceroutes
work just fine. In fact all machines running windows on the LAN have no
problem getting results using the tracert command via a command window
prompt. My ip settings are set at the same ip and netmask [255.255.255.0]
on both the windows hard-drive as the FreeBSD hard-drive. I've looked
every-where I can think of and see nothing wrong with the config. All
other commands and services and processes seem to be working just fine, it
is just this one command that returns all asterisks after the LAN
gateway router's ip. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Thank you in
advance -

Dave Lajoie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]