On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:58:29PM -0000 or thereabouts, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup /var on a mermory file system on Freebsd 5.1, any good documents
> that will
> help me, it's my first time.

Don't set up /var on MFS, it holds stuff that has to be preserved across reboots.
To set up /tmp on a MFS (for this one boot), do like so:
# mv /tmp /tmp.old
# mkdir /tmp
# MD=`mdconfig -a -t swap -s XXXm`    # replace XXXm with size
# newfs /dev/$MD
# mount /dev/$MD /tmp
# unset MD

It will disappear when the system goes down.

-- Josh