> Hi - I currently have sendmail_enable="NO" in my rc.conf
> file. This allows emails to be sent from the FBSD machine
> however I would like one other machine on the LAN to use the
> FBSD machine as a SMTP machine.
>
> I think sendmail_enable="YES" would do this but would then
> allow every other machine on the LAN to use sendmail ? Is
> there some way I could limit sendmail users by IP address ?

For such a "simple" config, you should really consider using Postfix. Its in
the ports. Its very easy to set up and do exactly what you want.

Sendmail can be great for complicated installations, but I personally have
never run into a situation where it was more advantageous than Postfix.

Cheers,
Brent