Hello,

I have two freebsd boxes running 5.0 with IPSec enabled and racoon installed. This is what I am trying to do:

| internal | -------> [FreeBSD gateway] ----> (internet) -----> [FreeBSD host] -------> internet

I'd like to encapsulate all IP traffic from my internal network at my apartment (192.168.1.0/24) through my cable modem to a FreeBSD box at school, and then off to the internet. I don't want any traffic to go directly to the internet -- I'd like to use IPsec to encrypt all traffic to the host at school before reaching the internet.

At this time, I'm not concerned with using Racoon for IKE, as I haven't had much luck getting it to work in the past. I am willing to use static keys for the time being using the 'setkey' command, but I'm not sure how to set everything up as the only documentation I can find is host to host or network to network, but not network to host to internet.

Has anyone implemented IPsec in this fashion? Some pointers to documentation I may have missed would be appreciated, as well as some explanation on how to set up the tunnels and routes to make this scenario a reality.

Thanks,
David