"KEW Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for the reply Lowell (or is it Gilbert).

My name can get even more confusing...
["Mr. Gilbert" is more formal than necessary.]

>                                                 Do you know of any
> additional information on "devfs" apart from the man pages, since I
> browsed the man page and it didn't make all that much sense for a new
> FreeBSD user.

New FreeBSD users aren't recommended to be using devfs.  The other
documentation (like the handbook) just refers you to the manual page.

>               If all else fails I'll fold back to an earlier release.

The next release, currently expected within the next month or so, will
be 4.9.