Hi,

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

"Charles Howse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Below is a portion of netstat -an.
Notice that my pop server (popa3d) is listening on all interfaces.

tcp4       0      0  *.110                  *.*
LISTEN

wouldn't it be possible to change this whilst editing <params.h> within the source? I just downloaded popa3d and it shows:

/*
 * The address and port to listen on.
 */
#define DAEMON_ADDR         "0.0.0.0"   /* INADDR_ANY */
#define DAEMON_PORT         110

but I have to mention that I dunno if the port can handle this. :/ must check first
But at least it should be possible to bind popa3d to a specific interface.

I really don't need this, not doing any internet pop'ing, just doing LAN
mail.
Is there any way to make popa3d listen on 192.168.254.3?

No. You need a smarter server for that.
You can use a firewall to protect it, but it doesn't know or care about IP interfaces.

HTH,

frank

--
43rd Law of Computing: