I cvsuped last evening and tried to buildkernel and got this error;

cc -O -pipe  -nostdinc -I/usr/include -I. -I/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm
-D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c aicasm_scan.c
{standard input}: cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 5
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
root# Assembler messages:
{standard input}:2887: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
inserted

when I go directly into the directory;

/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm

and do a make I get;

cc -O -pipe  -nostdinc -I/usr/include -I.    -c aicasm_macro_gram.c
lex -t   aicasm_scan.l > aicasm_scan.c
cc -O -pipe  -nostdinc -I/usr/include -I.    -c aicasm_scan.c
{standard input}: cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 5
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm.
Assembler messages:
{standard input}:2887: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline
inserted

Above it looks like lex is creating the code that errs.

Any ideas?