Sorry, folks, somehow my smb.conf was omitted from last night's
post here it is again but corrected:

Hello, list --

I trust this is the correct list for this post. I have been
wrestling literally for days with SAMBA/Win2K remote printing.
Here is the architecture:

qty 1- FBSD SAMBA Server PDC
qty 2- Network printers (an HP LJ2100 with Built-in net card,
and a Canon 6500 printer/copier also with built-in nic.
qty 50+ - Win2K Clients

SAMBA file sharing works great, and after much trial and error,
so does the printing but only to ONE printer -- the one
identified as 'lp'. I can successfully print from the FBSD box
to each remote printer in the printcap with:

lpr -Pprinter testfile.name .

This tells me the printcap is working as are my print queues.
But when trying to print from the Win2K clients, I only get
output to one of the printers (the one I define as lp). I think
what is happening is that the lp: definition in the printcap
defaults to /dev/lp which then goes to the aforementioned
printer...

Can someone please set me straight? I am about to lose my mind,
my wife, and probably some other important things in my life!

Here is printcap file:

# APS1_BEGIN:printer1
# - don't delete start label for apsfilter printer1
# - no other printer defines between BEGIN and END LABEL
lp|mainoffhp2100|pcl3:\
    :rp=raw:\
    :rm=192.168.1.114:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/mainoffhp2100:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:
# APS1_END - don't delete this
# BEGIN PRINTER2
lp2|mainoffcanon|copier:\
    :rp=raw:\
    :rm=192.168.1.20:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/mainoffcanon:\
    :mx#0:\
    :sh:
# PRINTER2 END

And here is smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2003/08/11 17:40:53
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = myowndomain
        netbios name = NETBIOSNAME
        wins support = yes
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        server string = Samba PDC running %v
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
*Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *Enter*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
*Retype*new*UNIX*password* %n\n *passwd:
*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
        unix password sync = Yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192
        logon script = netlogon.bat
        logon drive = Q:
        logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile