On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 04:51:01PM +0200, Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:
> Is BIND9 not stable since BIND8 is the default?

I seem to recall some discussion about why 8 is in the base system and not 9
on this list some time ago.  As far as I remember, the default is still
version 8 because it would take a great deal of work to switch to version 9
- time which is better spent by those who can on other work.

Version 9 is quite stable.  It includes various neat features that aren't
available in 8, as well.  Go with it.  It works very well for me.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye