Where is the default execution path set for ssh logins who get
a bash shell?

        I thought I knew the answer until I tried to change it on a
system that is giving everyone a path that needs /usr/local/etc in it.

        The handbook mentions login.conf which I did modify with no
effect.

        I think, in the past, I modified the .bash_profile or maybe
the skeleton bash profile, but there should be a way to give all new
logins and new accounts the correct path but I can't seem to find
anything in the handbook that looks promising or anything that, when
modified changes the path.