On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 07:29:42PM +0100, Company 2210 wrote:
> I have two freebsd-5.0-release boxes seperated by a wireless link (IPSEC'd with
> Racoon). Problem is I appear to be getting a lot of socket overflows. Their is a
> fair bit of traffic flowing across the link (~10 gig/day), but their is a great deal
> of loss (particually UDP) and I'm wondering if I need to adjust any of the sysctl
> options - just I'm not entirely sure which - and by how much. Could someone also
> explain what exacty 'broadcast/multicast datagrams dropped due to no socket' means.
> Any advice that could be provided would be invaluable. The output from first freebsd
> box is here (netstat -s):
>
> Thanks !
>
> Colin

FreeBSD 5.0 Is the top of the line and there for _can_ be very bugy!

You wise to either upgrade to 5.1 or downgrade to 4.x. This could sove
your problem. The 5.x brance isn't deemed stable and not suggested for
production enverements. If you upgrade upgrade with care - early
version (< x.3) have bin know to render code server useless. (You don't
whant this with essential code.)

P.S. Please cut you lines so that they there length is less or equals
than 72 char.
--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: