Hi,
I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.8 onto an Intel ISP2150 that I have ripped the SCSI cabling and boards from in place of a PCI RAID system. All seems to have gone well and I can boot and configure the RAID card locally (4x80GB). However, FreeBSD insists in seeing the RAID (supposedly striped and mirrored) as 4 separate disks... ad4 -> 7.

Is this correct? Do I need to change something here in FreeBSD as I can't see anything obvious in the docs or from searching the web on this?

If I continue the installation FreeBSD asks me to choose one of the disks it sees for the install and seemingly ignores the others. The geometry displayed during the install is correct on a per disk basis (i.e. it shows 80 not 160....).

BTW, I'm not subscribed so please CC me on any reply....

cheers, Chris R.

--
Christopher Raven
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.cian.net/  A PLESK Gold Partner
IP transit, web registration, hosting, design & consultancy services