On Friday 22 August 2003 14:00, Edouard Saksonov wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed FreeBSD 5.1, everything is fine, but when I wanted to
> remove a directory(with only one file in it), the system do not want to do
> that: When I type
>
>     rmdir -p dir_name    ,  it gives me as an output :
> >rmdir: dir_name: Directory not empty
>
> When I try
>
>     rmdir -rf dir_name    ,  it gives me as an output :
> >rmdir: illegal option --r
> >usage: rmdir [-p] directory ...

And if you don't want it to prompt you, do:
        rm -rf dir_name

Be careful though..this can and will wipe your whole system if you
accidentally type:
        rm -rf /   and then tap the enter key :) and yes, I've done it both on
purpose to see what happens and not on purpose. The former is kinda cool, the
latter makes you say a few choice words.

Henrik
--
Henrik Hudson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"`If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now.'"
        --Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy