Hello,

I have been trying to install certain ports that require GLIB 2.0.0 or
greater but have been unfortunately failing.  For whatever reason it is
not detecting that I have GLIB 2.2.2 installed - which does show up in
the 'ls /var/db/pkg'. The error message I get when installing the ports
is as follows:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error:
*** GLIB 2.0.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

Thanks in advanced,
Nicholas