On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:33:56 +0000
"anand vidwansa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>        yes, samba is available for freebsd. but i mean whether a CIFS client
> is available or not?
>                                                                  plz reply
>
>                            anand
>
> >From: Lucas Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "anand vidwansa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: Is CIFS available already on FreeBSD?
> >Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:23:34 -0400
> >
> >yes, its called samba.
> >
> >On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 12:20  PM, anand vidwansa wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>       well , i am a final year student in my computer engineering course.
> >>   All i have to ask is IS THERE IS AN IMPLEMENTATION OF CIFS , "Common
> >>Internet File System"
> >>AVAILABLE ON FREEBSD?
> >>                                     i'll be waiting for your
> >>answer,thanking you.
> >>
> >>                                         anand

Snipped from /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT for 4-STABLE

-------------------------snip---------------------------
#
# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV
# options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB

# mchain library. It can be either loaded as KLD or compiled into kernel
options         LIBMCHAIN               #mbuf management library

# Kernel side iconv library
options         LIBICONV