----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Wheeler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 3:50 PM
Subject: hard drive disk timeout

Hi,

I asked this before, but no one answered. Just hoping someone might be able
to.

I'm trying to use 4.7. But when I try to boot to it, even with a CD, a hard
drive device timesout. When I take out that hard drive, I can boot fine.
Here is how my hard drives and cdrom is set up:

Winxp is on the primary master.

The problem hard drive is the primary slave.

And the fbsd hard drive is on secondary master.

The CDROM is the secondary slave.

The message I get when I boot is:

ad1: Read command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

Then the computer just freezes. I'm using an Asus A7N8X with Athlon XP
2800+.

Thanks,
Nathan Wheeler

Try disabling UDMA mode in your bios and that will let the system boot.

HTH