I just don't understand what your talking about. When I start mysql I get the following below error so I guess its not running enough to do what your talking about? Could you please explain a little more in detail where I would type that command if it is a command. Thanks

From: "Aaron Wohl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ben Dover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MYSQL Fresh Reinstall, How?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:22:08 -0600

Yeah I ran into that yesterday myself.  The mysql_install_db doesnt leave
you with a working mysql database lately.  What did to fix it was mysqld
-u mysql --skip-grant &

(Im assuming you have your mysql firewalled off, if not do that first ;)

At that point mysql is up enough to restore the mysql database.  I ran
msyql mysql < mysql.sql where mysql.sql was made from mysqldump of a
working mysql. Then mysqladmin shutdown.  Then your fine after that for
normal operations.

I am using innodb as the default table type.  I dont know if you are or
if that matters.