Thank you for your replies.

My /etc/mail/mailer.conf is as follows:
sendmail        /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
send-mail       /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
mailq           /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread
newaliases      /var/qmail/bin/newaliases

Also, my /var/qmail/.qmail-root is
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

which is my regular email address.

As far as I can tell, other mail-related functions are working properly since the transition to qmail. For example, I can send messages from the command line (using the mail command) and from a web page; and popper works fine.

When I manually send mail to root from either inside the box or from elsewhere, it is properly received by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (an external domain).

Any and all comments would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ralph