Hi,

We are interesting in using LDAP for authentication/indentification for our users
(everything from sshd, login, samba, mail)
Our servers are running FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE, and we are currently not planning to
upgrade to FreeBSD 5.1 (due to lack of time)

I did a search on Google, and found this LDAP HOWTO for FreeBSD 5.1
(http://www.cultdeadsheep.org/FreeBSD/docs/Quick_and_dirty_FreeBSD_5_x_and_nss_ldap_mini-HOWTO.html)
As far as I understand, this kind of LDAP setup will _not_ work on FreeBSD 4.X. So
here is our question: How can I make a similar LDAP authentication/indentification
system for FreeBSD 4.7?

A reference to a HOWTO/or a step-by-step, would be great.

--
Sincerly,
Eivind Hestnes, Network & IT Engineer. BOFH.