On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:06:08 +0100 (BST), Tadimeti Keshav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have the foll. set up
28 GB --> FreeBSD 4.5
10 GB --> Redhat 9.0

From Redhat I use an Internet connection wizard that
gives me a lot of options. I picked up the dialer
option, then give the phone number to connect to my
university WIndows NT server, then my login and
password. Viola, I am connected to the internet.
I have a Creative External modem V.90

Is there no way to do this in FreeBSD? I read the man
pages (dial-in and dial-out), they are way over my
head.

At least one thing has changed in the 3+ years since the article was written: A user who wishes to use a dial-up connection must be a member of the 'dialer' group.

Jud